Monday, May 23, 2011

Savannah's 2nd Birthday in Heaven

Wednesday, Savannah's Birthday, May 18th, was bittersweet.  The day prior, when I took Jeremy to school, his teacher told me that they were going to celebrate the children who had summer birthdays with an "unbirthday" party.  I was given the next day (May 18th) or Monday, May 23rd.  I thought about it for a few minutes, but then decided to choose the next day.  What a special thing to be able to celebrate both Savannah's Birthday and Jeremy's Birthday.  I stopped by and spent some time with Savannah.  I had some new flowers for her and also a "Birthday Girl" balloon with butterflies to deliver.

I decided to order special cupcakes to celebrate Savannah's Birthday in the same colors as her nursery.



I couldn't resist the ballerina.



All the kids are enjoying their cupcakes (the frosting mostly)...



It was a good day and I was so happy that the circumstances happened that I was able to celebrate both of my babies together.  It was a special day made much easier by Jeremy.  He said, "Now we have a really huge-mongous ladder so Daddy can get Savannah and bring her down from Heaven."  I wish it was that easy!

1 comment:

  1. Shannon, I don't know if you remember me, but I worked with your husband in the Navy. I remember seeing you at the commissary a few days before you lost your daughter. When I got to work on that Monday, we were told about your loss. I was completely devastated for you and Eric. My son was only a few months old at the time and I just remember feeling so very sad about the whole thing. Anyway, I got to this blog because I took a look at some pictures that your husband recently posted of your gorgeous little boy. I just want to say that although I have not lost a child, I find you and this blog to be inspirational and you really made me stop and think about some things in my life as I read your different entries. I am glad that you have found peace and renewed inner strength. I still live in the area, if you or Eric ever need anything, please let me know. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete