Tuesday, June 28, 2011

The blessing of May Crowning...

Maycrowing is a special tradition that I remember from being a little girl.  It always happen in May, the month of Mary, and is such an honor to partake in if you ever have the chance.  As a side note, this is part of the reason why I LOVE the Month of May so much that we selected our wedding to occur.  I got the priviledge of watching each year throughout Catholic school, and when I became an 8th grader, the girl selected to do the actual Crowning of Mary, is a wonderful girl who to this day, I have the priviledge of still calling a friend.

When I heard through our Church Bulletin that it was going to take place on May 22nd after the 11am mass (the mass that was being offered for Savannah), of course we were going to attend.  They had the recent 1st Communicants dressed in their dresses and suits partipate in the saying of the rosary and then bringing flowers to Mary.  It was amazing and meant the world to me.  Eric and Jeremy had never been before, but I think they enjoyed it too.

Here is a picture of the "May Crowning."  It brought tears to my eyes as I remembered my years looking forward to this ritual each year.






Until next time,
Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment