Monday, November 15, 2010

October & November Happenings...

Hi Everyone!

I know it's been awhile since I have posted on here.  I guess I just found it difficult to put into words all the different feelings that I have been having lately.  So, here's what's been going on!

We had a great Halloween in our new neighborhood.  It's known as the hottest place in town and we were ready!  With over 500 pieces of chocolate, we were prepared for the masses!  We carved the pumpkins and made Halloween cookies for the neighbors.  We love our neighbors!!  I can't say enough good things about them!  It's like having 2 sets of parents/grandparents for Jeremy!!  And the best part is that they don't call the cops on us when the dogs get out.  Although, they really don't get out anymore, but I'm sure if they did, they would let us know and return them. 



Jeremy was the Cookie Monster for Halloween.  This costume is so special to me because my Mom made it nearly 40 years ago.  All 3 of my sisters and myself have worn it as well as my neice, Madilyn.  Jeremy actually wore it last year too, but sadly, he caught the Swine Flu the day before so he was quarantined in the house.  I was worried that it might not fit, but it did and he loved it!  We had a hard time keeping the top part on, but we were able to bribe Jeremy for a few pictures.



Before we went Trick-Or-Treating, we spent the day at Busch Gardens for Hallow-Scream!  It wasn't scary during the daytime and Jeremy really enjoyed being able to ride all the rides one last time before the season closed.  He even got to meet Cookie Monster himself!


 After Halloween, we taught Jeremy about All Saints Day and how it's a very special day that we get to remember his Sissy, Savannah.  We also took the time to remember each of his great-grandparents who live in Heaven, as well as some of our fish who didn't survive the move.  I'm fairly certain he has a good understanding.

Last week, I underwent surgery to try to repair my "reproductive organs" in the hopes of having successful pregnancies in the future.  I had 6 different procedures done and according to Eric, everything went very well.  In fact, they showed him pictures and handed him a video, which in turn, made him toss his cookies.  I have no interest in seeing such things but I am interested in listening to the commentary during the surgery.  We'll see if I can build up the stomach for that! 

As I am recovering and getting back on my feet, we are preparing for Eric to have knee surgery next week.  We are hopeful that it will be successful and in a few months once he is recovered, they will operate on the other knee.  We ask for prayers for his safe surgery and speedy recovery.  This year's Thanksgiving will be courtesy of Fresh Market.  I know how much Eric enjoys all of the Thanksgiving goodies, and I'm hoping he will have his appetite back quicker than I did.

We are very excited and looking forward to celebrating our 1st Thanksgiving & Christmas in our new home!  I cannot wait to set up the Christmas Tree and train that runs around it and watch Jeremy open up his presents from Santa.  We are looking forward to starting some of our own family traditions.  One tradition that I am looking forward to (and I'm sure Eric is too) is not participating in Thanksgiving evening/Black Friday madness.  Each year I have been there with the best of them, but we are trying, as a family, to take everything in and just really enjoy each other.

Until next time,
~ Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment