Thursday, April 29, 2010

March of Dimes ~ Sunday, April 25, 2010

For the first time, my family and I participated in the March of Dimes.  It was a 5K through the beautiful campus of Christopher Newport University.  It was my first time doing any type of actual fundraising for a cause in honor of Savannah, and I was able to raise $150.00.  Not bad, for my 1st time!


The weather was beautiful.  The sun came out and it was around 70 degrees.  I walked along side my Peninsula Mommies Team.  It was a great experience and I was honored to walk for Savannah and other babies suffering from premature birth or birth defects.  Our journey has brought us together with new friends who also lost children due to Potter's Syndrome and Trisomy 13.  We walked for those babies as well.



Afterwards, we went as a family to visit Savannah.  I know she was proud of us and the money we raised to help other babies.  I miss her so much and as her 1st Birthday in Heaven approaches, I am filled with worry, anticipation, anxiety, terror, and hope.

I am told that the anticipation leading up to the date is much worse than the actual date.  At this time, we are planning a family picnic with Savannah alongside her grave.  I have ordered new floral arrangments and a special spray to mark the date.  I will always miss her and long for her and think about everything that she would be doing right now, but I am also filled with peace, knowing that she is safe and waiting for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment