Sunday, August 15, 2010

Treasures to Share...

Every once in awhile, somone says something that really affects me and I hurry to scribble it down in my notebook for further reflection.  Last week, while at Church, Father Mike said "adverse circumstances do not block someone whose treasures to share are not here on Earth."  This, as most things in Church, make me think of my daughter.  Savannah had many treasures to share.  In fact, I am sure that she had a life of treasures to share.  She had unlimited potential and love and blessings to share upon everyone she came in contact with...if she only had a chance.  But I soon realized that just because she's not here does not mean that her life did not have meaning or her treasures don't matter.  Every day she impacts our lives.  Every day, we try to be better people and better parents to her because of her.  Just because she is not here on Earth does not mean that she is not sharing her treasures.  I had to stop and think of each and every way we are different people because of Savannah.  I am a better mother, wife, sister, and daughter.  I am a better friend and better member of society.  I became involved in many different activities and volunteer opportunites.  We look forward to going to Church if for no other reason than to be with Savannah and be just a little bit closer to her.  Savannah is sharing her treasures through her life and her story and through her family.  Anyone who has read Savannah's story has allowed her into their hearts.  She is sharing her gifts and talents and blessings, just not in a tangible way.  She is a treasure to us because of who she is, not who she was.

No comments:

Post a Comment